Hb estimation by sahli’s method ppt | Sahli’s method Test procedure PPT.
|Hb estimation by sahli’s method ppt.|
Hello friends if you search PPT of hemoglobin estimation by sahli’s method or “HB estimation by sahli’s method PPT” then this is for you in a simple language and simple PPT of HB hemoglobin estimation by sahli’s method.
What is hemoglobin?
Hemoglobin is a protein molecules which is made of Heam(iron) and globulin(protein) which carry oxygen from the lungs.
|HB estimation method PPT.|
Estimation of haemoglobin in the laboratory –
Method based on the development of colour these are-
- Sahli’s method or Acid hematin method
- Cyanmethemoglobin method or colirimetric method
- Oxyhemoglobin method
- Alkaline method
- Specific gravity method
- Gasometric method
Also read this 👉
- What is RBCs? All details about RBCs.
- What is WBCs? All details about WBCs and test procedure.
- What is Platelet? Platelet count normal and abnormal.
- The benefits of Tulsi in Hindi.
- Sukranu badhane ki dawa in Hindi.
- Online paise kaise kamaye. Ghar baithe online paise karate.
|HB estimation by sahli’s method PPT.|
Hb estimation by sahli’s method ppt. Hemoglobin Test procedure, sahli’s method.
Principle of sahli’s method or acid heamatin method.
Haemocytometer which consists of
- Comparator box which has brown coloured Glass on either side.
- Hb pipette which is Mark upto 20 mm(0.02ml).
- Tube with marking of HB on one side
- Glass Road
- N/10 HCL
- Distilled water and blood collection
Procedure of hemoglobin estimation by sahli’s method-
- First we take a clean and dry HB tube and egg and biotin HCL at the lowest level of HB tube.
- After that we Tak 20 microlitre of whole blood in the tube and mix well.
- Wait for 5 to 10 minutes or Allow to stand 5-10 minutes.
- After that we match the colour with adding distilled water(drop by drop) in the tube(Hb tube) by glass road.
- The result directly by noting the height of the diluted acid in and Express in g%.
Note – the high(increase) hemoglobin level shows as polycythemia.
|Hb estimation by Sahli’s method PPT.|
The advantages of sahli’s method-
- Easy to perform
- Quick result
- Without electricity we perform this test
- Can be used besides the procedure
- Does not require a technical expert.
Disadvantages of sahli’s method-
- Less accurate
- All hemoglobin are not converted to acid hematin and hence the value of HB obtained is less than the actual value.
- The colours of acid hematin develops slowly slowly.
- Colour of acid hematin fades with time and dilution must be done exactly after 10 minut when the colour development is maximum.
- Individually variation in matching of color is seen.
- Lack of true standard.
Normal range of hemoglobin-
- In Male -14 to 18 gm% or gm/dl
- In female -12 to 16gm% or gm/dl
- In Infants -17 to 21gm% or gm/dl
- In children -11 to 13 gm% or gm/dl
Decrease hemoglobin level is referred as anaemia or low RBCs count.
Increase hemoglobin level shows as polycythemia.
Some commmon condition of low hemoglobin level-
- Lots of blood traumatic injury, bleeding disorder ,surgery ,colon cancer ,stomach ulcer.
- Nutritional deficiency (iron, folic acid (vitamin B12)).
- Bone marrow problem (replacement of bone marrow).
- Kidney failure
- Abnormal structure of RBCs(sickle cell anemia, thelasemia).
High hemoglobin level can be seen in–
- High altitude
- polycythemia Vera( bone marrow produce high RBC or high production of red blood cells).
Why N/10 HCL acid used in sahli’s method?
If concentrated acid used in sahli’s method for Hemoglobin test, it gives always the same color of any patients hb, so for different Hemoglobin concentration it can be used for Hemoglobin test.
Last word –
Today you learn about “Hemoglobin (hb) estimation by sahli’s method PPT“, in this article I’m trying to give you some information about Hemoglobin. So how is this information please tell me about this ,if you want to do any changes in this.. then you comment and if this information is helpful to you please share this. thanks…..